Best Bets for Fall
- Strawberry Reservoir offers great action for big cutthroat and rainbow trout. Large Rapalas and Pointer Minnow lures are productive when worked along shorelines. Action will remain very good until snow and ice shut down access.
- Green River, Provo River, Weber River, other trout streams will fish well for browns and occasional other trout species. Terrestrials will remain good until cold weather really sets in. Streamers, glo bugs, scuds and many other patterns should be good.
- Lake Powell, Quail Creek, Sand Hollow and Gunlock will offer good action for bass well into November.
- Deer Creek, Willard Bay, Starvation and other waters will be good for walleye until weather conditions shut down access.
- Otter Creek, other trout reservoirs will be good as long as they remain accessible.
- New Utah catch-and-release record golden trout
- Canyon de Chelly - new article on this major Native American attraction, with photos
- Fishing Maps (We've posted maps created for the old Utah Outdoors magazine
- Saratoga Hot Springs
- Best Lures for Tiger Muskie (Pat's Picks)
- Strawberry Bay Marina Tagged Fish Contest (5-23-18)
- Hot fishing for white bass at Utah Lake (5-22-18)
- Lake Powell Anglers Needed For Bluegill/Mussel Study (DWR, 5-16-18)
- Dugway Geode Beds & Camping (5-7-18)
- Catch Kokanee At Strawberry - Excellent Tips on Where, How Deep, What to Use (Strawberry Anglers May 2017)
- Scientists hope bug experiment fattens Colorado River fish at Lees Ferry (KSL 5-1-18)
- Kanarra Falls hike now requires a permit (4-27-18)
- Catch fish in solitude - DWR Recommends Top Waters (DWR 4-27-18)
- Mercury levels elevated in brown trout at Causey Reservoir (Standard Examiner 4/24/18)
- More walleye for Willard Bay (DWR 4/7/18)
- How to tie fishing knots (4/7/18)
- Steinaker Bluegill Salvage - Volunteers Needed (DWR)
- 9 waterfalls you should see this spring in southcentral Idaho (KSL 4/24/18)
- Fighting to preserve Coalville Ledge petroglyphs (KSL 4/18/18)
- Catch and kill order for northern pike in Utah Lake (DWR 4-16-18)
- DWR lists best waters to fish with your family this spring
- Guided Tour Through Mystery Valley at Monument Valley
- Guided Tour Through Monument Valley
- South Fork Indian Canyon Pictographs
- Rockhounding Topas Mountain
- Red Rock Therapy in Little Wildhorse Canyon
Pelican Lake Treatment Postponed
Pelican Lake will not be treated with rotenone until October 2018. Details.
Lake Trout Record Revoked
The huge catch-and-release lake trout recently hauled in at Flaming Gorge, mentioned below, will not stand as a Utah record because the guy's license had expired the day before he caught the fish. Details here.